History Of Hydropower Development
In Russia, the total power of hydroelectric plants in 1913 was only 16,000. KW, the largest of them had a capacity of 1,35,000. KW. About this time, there was a need for the construction of a GEC in Noonikolaevsk (from 1925 to Novosibirsk). The idea of using the force of the river arose from the city. A letter was sent from the city to the buyer of Gorokhov, who had a mill on the Berdhi River, requesting the sharing of experiences. In addition, the authorities of Novonikolaevsk requested specialists from Riga, Kurgan, Tomsk, Ekaterinburg, St. Petersburg to conduct research work on the Ina River to determine the location of the GEC, its intended capacity and the cost of the works. The project was not to be implemented. The First World War, the October Revolution.
The development of hydropower in Russia was stimulated by the State Electricity Plan (GERL) adopted in 1920. The idea of the construction of hydroelectric plants in the Siberian rivers returned in the 30s. Water use p. Both were considered for people ' s economic and social purposes from 1932 to 1937, but work was terminated before the end of the Great Patriotic War.
Research resumed in August 1945 on the Obus River. The river is one of the largest in the world. It occupies a fifth place in the world, with 2,990,000 km2.
Over the years of the war, the Siberian town of Novosibirsk has grown into a powerful industrial centre and has experienced severe electricity shortages. For this reason, no work was done on the electricity of railways and agriculture in Novosibir province. This has adversely affected the economic development of the region. The question of finding additional sources of electricity for Western Siberia was raised.
In March 1945, the Leningrad office of Gidroengerprojekt was tasked with carrying out the project assignment of the Novosibir GEC and selecting a solution for the future construction site.
In 1950, a decree was issued by the Council of Ministers of the USSR concerning the construction of a number of hydropower stations. Nearly one time, the Kouibishevski, Gorkovsky, Volga, the Brat and Irkut GEC in Angara, the Zimlansk on Don, Kahovska on Dnieper, Kamsk, Ust Kamenogor and others were established with Novosibirsk.